Originally developed from standard Li-Ion batteries, the 18650 Li-Ion batteries are based on higher-capacity cells. 18650 Li-Ion batteries were developed by Panasonic. While other manufacturers also produce these batteries, Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries still remain one of the favorite choices for consumers. It is easy to trust the original developers and patent holders, so Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries are the first brand of batteries people look for when they need them.
There are several types of Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries available on the market. Which one you choose will depend on what you need. You are most likely to be a person using a Panasonic product. In that case you can choose the battery type supported by your digital camera or laptop.
What Are the Advantages of Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion Batteries?
Naturally, when buying a product you could ask yourself, why buy 18650 Li-Ion batteries? Aren't regular Li-Ion batteries good enough? They are, but 18650 Li-Ion batteries have some better features which should definitely be considered.
- 18650 Li-Ion batteries were developed for the purpose of improving energy storage capacity
- 18650 Li-Ion batteries provide better output and use fewer resources
- 18650 Li-Ion batteries last-longer in general
- 18650 Li-Ion batteries are memory-free
What does this mean, 18650 Li-Ion batteries are memory-free? Older batteries were supposed to be discharged completely every time before being charge. If you put an older battery to charge with still half of their power remaining, you would lose that half of the battery forever. This was called memory loss. Li-Ion batteries were not subject to memory loss, but they could still be damaged by overcharging and lose their power over time. 18650 Li-Ion batteries are a further improvement. With Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries, you will not have that same problem.
How to Take Care of My Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion Batteries?
Since you invested in a long-lasting product it would be a shame to ruin it with improper care. 18650 Li-Ion batteries demand some guidelines all users should respect to save themselves from unnecessary cost.
- 18650 Li-Ion batteries are just like regular Li-Ion batteries, only with improved cells and power output. You should store them in cool places and never expose to extreme heat sources. They are more durable, but try to avoid any open flames or
- You can keep them in the fridge if it makes you happy, in fact, some people do it. But you did not buy them to keep them in the fridge so put them there only when not in use for storage.
- Never charge your batteries in the fridge. Charging them at low temperatures is a good way to waste a good product.
Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries are improved. This means that they will be more forgiving than regular Li-Ion batteries, but keep your respect to them anyway.
Are There Any Downsides to Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries?
Some people gave a few bad comments for Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries on Amazon. Unfortunately, most of them are furious people who got a defect product and wrote a nasty comment instead of asking for a replacement.
Besides them, other people have this to say about Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries:
- “a must have”
- “Worked as specified”
- “Great price, great life!”
- And many more good things
What Is the Final Decision?
It is all up to you. Do you need the Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries? What product you use that will need them? Are you a fan of digital photography? Do you plan on traveling in the summer? Remember, you might not want regular Li-Ion batteries in your camera if you plan on traveling in the summer. Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries are more durable to heat exposure than regular batteries. Many travelers share this experience. In fact, Panasonic 18650 Li-Ion batteries were originally developed to run electrically powered cars. Seriously, that is why their lifespan and quality is so high.